1. Did you know that the ER doesn't stitch up tongue lacerations? Even when it is a *huge gash*. Did you know that it is very, very difficult to keep a 5 year old boy on a clear liquid diet for days? Did you know that 3 year old boys and 7 year old boys have a very hard time eating real food when their brother is eating a popsicle? Ask me how I know.
2. In less than a week, I've gotten up at 6 am *4 times* to go walking with my sister, Shannon, in the rainy darkness. I need a reward, or something. Like M&Ms.
3. At 7:30 this morning, Luke was on the kitchen counter gazing out the window at 3 deer in our yard. At 9 am, all three boys were on the kitchen counter counting 20 wild turkeys in our yard.
4. My mom was over yesterday afternoon borrowing books for my niece's history and literature studies. They have started meeting once a week to discuss and share their reading. Turns out Walt Whitman is exactly what and where they are at this next week: the Civil War and American authors. My sister, Holly, emailed me last night to tell me she loved Chasing Vermeer and ask if she could borrow Walking on Water and Walt Whitman while wondering where the W pentomino was. My sister, Shannon, and I had a long book conversation on our wet and dark morning walk today. I love my family. I love homeschooling. I love the family/homeschooling synchronicity.
5. I am permanently, forever done with changing diapers. At least until the grandkids come along....