Friday, May 29, 2015
Friday Five ~ Best Movies
1. A couple friends and I got together last month to watch Anne of Green Gables in honor of the passing of “Gilbert.” I mentioned that I thought Anne of Green Gables (with the sequel) should be in the all-time top-five best movies. Being kindred spirits, my friends agreed. But that of course led us to wonder what other movies might be on the short list.
2. I suggested Pride and Prejudice. No arguments.
3. And The Princess Bride. No contest.
4. My friend Jessye said that The Man from Snowy River should be in the top five. I agreed, only if we could include the sequel, which I adore even more. [Then I had to re-watch both of them. swoon]
5. We were undecided on number five, but a conversation on my Facebook page settled it. We needed a musical. A few were in the running (notably Fiddler on the Roof and My Fair Lady), but in the end there could be only one—The Sound of Music.
What movies are in your top five?