My smart phone has made me lazy. I don’t seem to carry my big, fancy camera around as often, now that I have a handy all-in-one tool at a fraction the size and weight. It’s just easier to document life “on the go” with Instagram. But for the sake of posterity and my desire to collect a generally comprehensive record of our life all in one place, let’s do a quick overview of our August and early September activities that escaped notice here on the blog:
1. A Saturday morning date at the beanery with the Schole Sisters to discuss another chapter of The Question.
2. A couple date nights with my husband while the kids were all attending a week of evening VBS (hallelujah).
3. Four summer Book Detectives meetings on blankets out in the yard.
4. Partying with my sisters and several other friends at Lindsay’s bachelorette party.
5. Traveling across the four mile long (and super-duper high) Astoria bridge.
6. Celebrating Leif’s 9th birthday at the beach.
7. Celebrating Leif’s birthday with a dance party before watching a movie on the huge outdoor screen that Russ rigged up in our yard.
8. Another outdoor movie night [The Princess Bride, of course] with friends, family, and Italian sodas.
9. Hanging out with friends at the splash pool.
10. Celebrating Ivy’s 11th birthday with a formal sit-down dinner.
11. Celebrating Ben’s 40th birthday with a press-on tattoo party.
12. Visiting the state fair.
And now? I think I have to come to terms with the fact that a new school year is about to begin.